1. Basic premise
The office of the G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and Ministry of the Environment (MOE), the Government of Japan (hereinafter referred to as “the Offices”) collect information on participants of the G20 Ministerial Meeting on Energy Transitions and Global Environment for Sustainable Growth and related events (hereinafter referred to as “the Events”) through the website (www.delegation.g20karuizawa.go.jp; hereinafter referred to as the “the Website”). Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of information gathered
- Cookies (information transmitted from the server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s computer in order for the server to identify users) are used for the purpose of improving the usability of the Website.
- When using the Website to process the registration for the Events, the users are requested to register their e-mail addresses and other personal and logistical information.
3. Purpose of use
- The e-mail addresses collected in 2.(2) will be used for sending e-mail to correspond with the users regarding participation in the Events, when necessary.
- The personal information and other information acquired in the registration form will be used for efficient operation of the Events, including:
- Management of registration and participation in the Events;
- Management of contributions to the program of the Events;
- Management of other necessary documents.
4. Use and disclosure limitations
Except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the Office does not use acquired information, nor will it provide acquired information to a third party, for any purposes other than those described in 3.
5. Measures to ensure security
The Office is taking necessary measures for the appropriate management of acquired information to prevent any leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information. The operation of the Website may be outsourced, but the organization to whom the information is outsourced will take necessary measures for appropriate management of acquired information.
6. Disclosure of personal information
If information collected in services provided by the Website comes under Section 5 of Article 2 of the Act for Protection of Personal Information Held by Administrative Organs (Act No.58, May 30, 2003), the users can request for disclosure of their own personal information in accordance with Article 12 of Act No.58.
Users of the Website may cancel their registration at any time and also may change and revise the registered information at any time by deleting the registered information and entering new information, or by notifying the secretariat via e-mail: email@example.com.
7. Retention period
Up to December 31, 2019, for both cookies and registered information
8. Scope of application